Monday, April 25, 2005

Easy Breezy Saturday Lunch

Another one of those Saturday lunches when bf L came down to visit in January. I was still excited by the Sydney Fish Markets and used to bicycle down, pick up fresh fruit, cheeses and of course seafood, before cooking him something nice.

This time the prawns seemed especially fresh.



I also picked up some mussels and steamed them in a tomato, garlic and herb broth.



I fried the prawns in a little oil, garlic and ginger. These prawns were so large that I fried them one side at a time, like little minute steaks. Stir-frying did not work in this instance, I tried.



These were also served with some stir-fried green beans and pan-fried snapper. You can just see these in the corners of the other pictures.

I don't cook like this for him anymore. Absence made the heart grow fonder. He's here all the time now: we just eat instant noodles for lunch. Just kidding. It's been a busy few weeks and the routines have changed a bit.

No comments: