Sunday, August 03, 2014

Restaurant Reviews Rekindled

After a long hiatus, ca. 15 years, I am going to do restaurant reviews again. I'd thought that food blogging was passe after becoming so ubiquitous, but I just can't stand it when people are wrong on the internet. There's a lot of misinformation out there about food, the dining experience and the art of good eating. So much pretension is entangled with eating that I want to bring the focus back to the food and conviviality.

I am an enthusiastic cook so I will be comparing the cost of ingredients to what would be readily available to anyone with access to Culina, Cold Storage and the local NTUC or Giant. This will allow a "value for money" estimation but culinary skill will, of course, be a premium and not a given for every home kitchen. I just can't stand it when I'm dining out and I'm forced to pay a premium for something I could have made at home with ingredients from the NTUC.

1 comment:

Leon said...

Agree, but then when I factor in feeling tired, having to clean up afterwards, and my withering culinary skills... I usually end up eating out. Yes, all weak excuses, I know...

Welcome back!