Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sushi Tei - VivoCity


Sushi Tei
Originally uploaded by daveyll.
I'm discovering all these cool restaurants conveniently located in these giant shopping malls. I know this doesn't give me kudos because they are so accessible, but they're usually quite good!

When Singapore tries to be authentic, they go all out - you can end up paying $12 for a currywurst, but it will be authentic.

Sushi Tei is one of the numerous Japanese 'family restaurants' around. A mark above Sakae sushi, I was quite pleased with the value and quality of the food. It's one of those all-encompassing establishments - here you can find sushi, sashimi, donburi (rice dishes), yabemono (sp? paper steamboat), curry rice, yakitori, kushiage (deep-fried skewers) and ramen. Usually in Japan each category would have its own establishment.

I enjoyed myself, the uni was delicious and fresh and the wasabiller roll so cute (albeit a little bland). Good ambience as we sat by the balcony overlooking Sentosa Island - now if only all the tourists sheltering from the rain would move away so we could actually SEE the view.

The salmon and scallop carpaccio stole the show with the roasted sesame oil, yuzu and succulent fish doing it for me.

No comments: